Joint Forces Command (JFCOM)
Headquartered in Norfolk, Va.| Official Web site
U.S. Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM), established in 2002, is one of the Department of Defense's 10 combatant commands and has several key roles in preparing U.S. forces for combat and in transforming the U.S. military’s capabilities. The commander of JFCOM oversees the command's roles in transformation, experimentation, joint training, interoperability and force provision. JFCOM develops future concepts for joint war-fighting. The DOD appointed USJFCOM as the "transformation laboratory" of the U.S. military that serves to enhance the unified commanders' capabilities to implement that strategy.
Headquartered in Norfolk, the command oversees a force of more than 1.16 million men and women, spanning USJFCOM's service component commands and subordinate activities. The command consists of active and reserve personnel from each branch of the armed forces, civil servants and contract employees. There are four component commands assigned to USJFCOM, one from each service:
* Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
* Army Forces Command (FORSCOM), Fort McPherson, Ga.
* Marine Forces Command, Norfolk
* U.S. Fleet Forces Command, Norfolk
Several other commands also focus on specific knowledge areas:
* Joint Communications Support Element, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
* Joint Deployment Training Center, Fort Eustis, Va.
* Joint Enabling Capabilities Command, Suffolk, Va.
* Joint Fires Integration and Interoperability Team (JFIIT), Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
* Joint Personnel Recovery Agency, Fort Belvoir
* Joint Public Affairs Support Element, Suffolk
* Joint Systems Integration Center, Suffolk
* Joint Transformation Command for Intelligence, Norfolk
* Joint Warfare Analysis Center, Dahlgren, Va.
* Joint Warfighting Center, Suffolk
* Special Operations Command-Joint Forces Command, Norfolk
Learn more about our sourcing and methodology »
Top Secret Work
Number of Work Locations
Number of Contracting Clients
- Management consulting and administration
- Border control
- Counter-IED explosives operations
- Cyber operations
- Disaster preparedness
- Facilities and Infrastructure
- Information technology
- Intelligence analysis
- Staffing and personnel
- Building and personal security
Talk to Us
Want to contribute to this ongoing project?
Joint Forces Command Headquarters
Explore Joint Forces Command's Top Secret Relationships